You don’t want to pay for authentic RAW papers only to find that you’ve been sold a counterfeit/fake. We want to help you know when you’ve got yourself the real deal and when a fake has found its way to you. You don't want to be smoking fake RAW because you never know what they used to make the papers.
What Are Real RAW Papers Made From
RAW rolling papers is made from organically grown, chlorine-free hemp, bringing out the real flavor of the flower. They are also watermarked for a slow burn, thin build, and little ash produced.
RAW papers contain the perfect blend of naturally unbleached plant fibers and are finished with the purest natural gumline to match the burn rate of the rolling paper. Each sheet is naturally held together with RAW's high fiber content, and then perfectly pressure watermarked with RAW's proprietary Criss-Cross imprint that helps prevent runs and maintains the smoothest burn.
RAW papers use a pure, natural organic Acacia gum that is sustainably-harvested in the Ethiopia/Senegal region. Acacia resin is tapped from the trees in a way that’s similar to maple syrup, then filtered and pasteurized before being applied to RAW's paper. Produced with no genetically modified organisms or animal-based products, RAW’s pure organic gum is vegan friendly and natural.
What Are Fake RAW Papers Made From
RAW manufactures classic, black, and original hemp rolling papers, further categorised based on their size and material. Although the fake papers mention "Made in Spain" or "Made in France", they are manufactured in China from an inferior quality of shoe tissue paper, with a glue made from poached animals. They are labelled organic, natural, made from unrefined hemp, and carry a fake Forestry Stewardship Council stamp, but, are nowhere close to the original ones.
First of all, make sure to buy the products from a verified retailer. Now if you have recently bought RAW rolling papers it's time to check if they are real. Here's how you do it.
How To Spot Fake RAW Papers
How do you know if it’s a fake:
- There’s going to be a missing space between “a” and “blend” in the description when you open the papers.
- You’ll also find a missing space between the words “moisten” and “gently” there too.
- The papers simply won’t be as good. They’ll be crinkly with a mediocre watermark and a bad burn rate.
- While observing the papers under sunlight, you'll find bad-quality watermark on it or sometimes even a missing watermark.
- Yet another missing space will show you it’s fake. Look for the “32 leaver per pack” along the bottom of your papers and you’ll see no space between “leaves” and “pack” if you’ve been sold fake RAW.
- If you’ve got proper RAW papers, there will be a start sheet included in your pack too.
- The fake papers will burn faster with a lot of smoke.
Don’t get caught out. Keep your eye out for counterfeits and make sure you’re always getting the rawthenitc experience.